The premise of playing online roulette is simple. It works the same way as roulette at a land-based casino. You place a bet on where you think a small white ball will land on the roulette wheel. You can bet on things like which number it will land on and whether it will land on black or red. The virtual croupier then drops the ball into the spinning roulette wheel. If it lands on your choice, you win. If you are new to playing the game, here is everything you need to know.
There Are Different Versions of Online Roulette
When roulette games were first launched at online casinos in the late 1990s, they used random number generators to provide fair play and determine where the ball landed. Displays were soon introduced, enabling players to track their bets and develop strategies. While those types of online roulette games are still available and very popular, in recent years, a new type of online roulette has become dominant. It works via live streaming. A physical roulette table and croupier are located in a studio. You then “take a seat” at the table and get to play the game and engage with the croupier and other players in real-time, making the experience much more akin to a real-life casino entertainment experience.
If you want to play roulette live make sure you read the rules for the specific game before you start placing chips on the table. You can also watch demos of games or other people playing roulette on platforms like Twitch to get a good idea of how your chosen version of roulette works.
Understanding Roulette Bet Types
The more you play roulette, the more you will understand the various betting options. But it is a good idea to learn the basics before you start playing. Many beginners are confused by the number of chips placed all over the table. But you only need to concern yourself with your wager, as the croupier will keep track of everything. In simple terms, there are two types of bets you can make: inside bets and outside bets.
Inside bets refer to wagering on the numbers that are displayed in the betting area of the roulette table. Inside bets include:
· Straight bets, in which you place a bet on only one number.
· Split bets, in which you can bet on the ball landing on one of two numbers adjacent to each other.
· Street bets, in which you place a bet along one row of numbers.
· Double street bets, in which you spread your wager across two rows of numbers.
· Corner bets, in which you can place your chips on a four-numbered area of the board.
With outside bets, you place chips outside the number board of the roulette table. Outside bets enable you to make bets on various groups of numbers. They typically pay less but have better odds. Outside bets include:
· Low/high bets, in which you choose whether the winning number will be high or low.
· Red/black bets, in which you bet on the winning color.
· Even/odd bets, in which you bet on odd or even numbers.
· Dozen bets, in which you bet on numbers in dozens, such as 1 to 12 or 25 to 36.
· Column bets, in which you bet on a column of numbers.
Featured Image source: https://pixabay.com/photos/play-luck-casino-game-bank-random-839033/