Many different methods for giving pets CBD oil have been developed due to the challenges faced by pet parents with administration. Cannabidiol studies show evidence that properties exist with potential benefits for animals in reducing symptoms for specific ailments. More pet parents are taking advantage of the natural, non-toxic option to avoid harsh side effects associated with most prescription medications.
Hundreds of CBD oil products for pets are currently on the market. You can view examples at http://www.holistapet.com. Each form has its own unique method of administration, time allotted for release, and duration for effects. Pet parents will need to choose the one best suited for the specific fur baby and it’s temperament in taking the substance.
How To Handle Challenges In Administering CBD Oil Products For Pets
Claims suggest cannabidiol has the capacity for relieving symptoms for all pets linked to health conditions. Ailments with the potential for improvement include:
- Inflammation of joints
- Chronic pain
- Gastrointestinal issues
- chronic/situational anxiety
- Skin disorders
- Conditions due to age progression
Most pet parents want their furry friends to experience the purported benefits of the products, but some have difficulties in encouraging the animals to agree to indulge. For this reason, manufacturers have developed a few methods for administration to make the process a little easier and less stressful for the pets.
- The Treats: A lot of pet parents take advantage of pet edibles as a fast, easy and flavorful method. You can buy them prepared with the compound infused in the treats or you can use your own treats. Porous treats prove to be the best in absorbing the substance.
Once the appropriate dose has been determined and measured out, you can use a dropper to apply it to the treat allowing it to soak in. The premade options are suggested because the dose is already there.
- Oral Application: Applying CBD oil under the animal’s tongue may prove difficult. It’s most important to be gentle and reassuring. You should avoid gagging the furry friend or squeezing their face too tight. Following the treatment, a reward should be given so the animal associates the experience with a happy thought.
Developing a stressful situation is highly possible with this technique, particularly if the animal feels threatened or afraid by what’s happening. If it starts to go that way, it’s better to stop and attempt a different method or the fur baby might avoid CBD altogether. To learn about the compound and its potential for safety go to this link.
- Blend It: A suggestion is to mix the oil into the animals’ food. It does better when blended with moist consistencies like soft cat food. Most pets won’t notice the compound added into their meal. Many are overly anxious to gobble the food down. After mixing it, let it sit for a few minutes. With this the dose will need to be measured as well.
Ensure that you begin with the smallest dose for the size animal, particularly those that are tiny like gerbils or hamsters. If the CBD doesn’t seem to have an effect after a reasonable amount of time, you’ll need to advance the dose slightly. That’s when you will want to consult with a vet for a recommendation.
You should always try to make sure the products you buy are of a high quality from a supplier that practices only the best production standards. They should employ third-party lab testing with a Certificate Of Analysis confirming the ingredients and results of the testing. Products provided by these manufacturers will prove to be safe and effective for the health of your pet.
One of the primary reasons for giving your furry critters cannabidiol is to assist with reducing anxieties and stressors for which many species suffer. Trying to give any pet medication is not only a nervous experience for the parent, it’s unnerving for the animal. You don’t want that to be the case with CBD oil.
The most comfortable methods appear to be the treats or blending it into the food. Make sure when you’re applying it, it’s done without their knowledge, and the substance has time to absorb for a few minutes. There’s a greater chance for efficacy with proper administration.