Medically managed rehab is the safest and most effective way to overcome an addiction to drugs or alcohol. However, traditional inpatient facilities can be costly and time-consuming, making them a less-than-ideal solution for busy individuals living in Los Angeles. How can you get the care you need without disrupting your daily routine? The answer: in-home addiction rehab.
How To Recover From Drug and Alcohol Addiction Without Disrupting Your Daily Routine
In-home rehab is exactly what it sounds like – recovery from drugs or alcohol with appointments that take place right in your Los Angeles home. This type of service is the least-disruptive way to get the care you need because appointments work around your schedule. Plus, you don’t have to take weeks or months out of your schedule for an inpatient rehab program.
How in-home addiction recovery works
Although the exact details vary from service to service, here’s what you can generally expect from in-home rehab.
- Preliminary evaluation: Your initial evaluation helps your clinician develop a full understanding of your addiction, your concerns, your goals, your health, and any preexisting conditions to help your care team develop the best treatment for you. This evaluation will typically include a physical and psychological assessment.
- Detox: Your body goes into withdrawal after you stop taking drugs especially drugs such as heroin, cocaine and opioid. Detox is the process that helps you safely overcome your body’s reliance on drugs. For example during opioid detox, your medical team monitors your progress so they can intervene and prevent relapse when necessary, as well as prescribe medications to help improve your comfort.
- Support groups, therapy, and/or counseling: Most in-home rehab services provide therapy to help support you through detox and recovery. They also help you build coping mechanisms that help you live a long-term sober lifestyle.
- Ongoing aftercare: Many in-home detox services offer additional aftercare programs to help you maintain long-term sobriety. These services may include sober companionship, counseling, therapy, and others.
What are the benefits of in-home rehab?
In-home rehab is…
- Effective: In-home rehab services are tailored to your specific needs and do not approach addiction recovery like a one-time issue that can be bandaged and fixed. These services are designed to help you build coping techniques that empower you to manage your addiction and prevent relapse without outside intervention.
- Cost-effective: Depending on your program, the initial cost may seem high, but the long-term cost is less. Ideally, in-home rehab is a one-time fix so you don’t need to go to rehab multiple times.
- Convenient: Since you don’t have to leave your home, you can complete the program in comfortable, familiar surroundings. And, of course, it doesn’t disrupt your daily routine.
How does in-home rehab compare to inpatient centers?
In-home rehab with a service such as Elite Home Detox might sound too good to be true: all the benefits of inpatient centers – plus personalized care – with none of the scheduled disruption of standard rehab programs.
All the same, in-home services are real, and they’re effective. These programs are designed to not only overcome your addiction, but also help you build coping mechanisms and healthy lifestyle habits with the goal that you will eventually not need aftercare services.
What are my other options?
In addition to in-home detox, there are three main ways to get addiction rehab.
Inpatient services are residential facilities where you live for several weeks to several months, depending on your program. These programs are typically fixed-length with little customization. You can expect group or solo therapy sessions, group or solo counseling, and nursing staff on-call at all times. Although you do get comprehensive care, inpatient facilities are very disruptive to your schedule, as you’ll need to stay at the center for the duration of your program and may have little to no communication with the outside world during your stay (depending on how strict the center is).
Outpatient facilities are rehab centers that you go to for your appointments. These can vary from half or full day sessions multiple times per week, depending on your program. These are less disruptive to your schedule than inpatient facilities since you go home at the end of every day and can continue working during the program. However, their care is less comprehensive than inpatient or in-home services. You may also need to sit in LA traffic both to and from your appointment, racking up the costs of fuel pretty quickly.
Self-detox is minimally disruptive to your schedule with its DIY approach. Plus, it’s budget friendly; there are plenty of detox kits and drinks available through online shops. Although self-detox is low-cost and minimally disruptive to your schedule, self-detox may not work and could be dangerous to your health. Self-detox also may not work since DIY kits do not help you develop coping mechanisms or identify drug use triggers that help you prevent relapse.
In-home addiction rehab is an effective, convenient way to get the care you need. You receive the same quality of care as an inpatient facility, but with the added benefits of personalized attention, ongoing care, and care that is designed around life and your schedule. You can overcome an addiction no matter the type of drug or how long you’ve struggled with substance use. Find a treatment center in Los Angeles to get started on your journey to recovery.