The COVID-19 health crisis has resulted in the decline and even shutdown of many businesses in California, across the USA, and worldwide. To survive the current situation now and into the future, business owners from almost all industries have been forced to readjust, alter their mindset, and redirect their focus.
Everyone from managers to sole traders across California and further afield are discovering the myriad benefits attached to adopting an online model of doing business. Many marketing agencies have also reported an increased demand for businesses to have a robust and effective online presence, and consumers are seeking remote shopping, booking, and service alternatives as we collectively navigate the challenges the global pandemic presents.
To survive thus far, many service providers and retailers have taken a versatile approach to their operations. Digitally-based businesses are thriving. This is boosted by consumers seeking a socially-distanced way of purchasing their needs and wants, and the convenience and cost savings of shopping and transacting remotely and from home.
Benefits from Going Online
- Market your business to a global audience
- Maximise authenticity as a business
- Strengthen your brand
- Offer a better customer experience
- Flexibility and convenience
- Enhance customer service
- Minimise operating costs
- Reduce waste
- Remain viable as a business
- Increase profits
Ike Elimsa of Twelve12, a top marketing company based in Orange County, California says: “With any change of direction comes a need for a refocus in marketing. It’s incredibly important that, through a clever marketing strategy, you let your existing and previous customers and clients know about your change in direction. This way, they are fully informed and can follow and, hopefully, join you on your new journey. It also enables new customers to discover you, your brand, and your unique offering – so that you can build a stronger business foundation for future success.”
- Just In Time Rebar is a southern California rebar fabrication and supply company which has moved to a fully online model to increase visibility and allow COVID-safe ordering for its commercial, industrial, and residential construction clients.
- Thunder Wear is a company providing made-to-order, custom-embroidered, and private label apparel. In a competitive industry which is driven by word-of-mouth, it launched a brand new website in 2020 to showcase its brand, products, and services, and to get the word out so they are seen online by the right audience at the right time.
A creative approach to how a business operates and adopting an online model alongside the right marketing strategy will widen your reach, and the business can harness the unlimited power of the internet to:
- Operate an online store
- Showcase your brand
- Generate new leads
- Offer online services
- Process online payments
- Manage appointments, reservations, and bookings
- Manage contractors, suppliers, and employees remotely
- Facilitate and track shipping and deliveries
- Deliver quality customer service online
- Communicate with customers
- Seek feedback
- Scrutinize competitors