The natural health industry has seen significant changes over the past five years. In this blog post, I review how the industry has evolved and where it is headed in the future. I will also discuss some of the key trends that have emerged in recent years.
Where Were We 5 Years Ago?
If we take a look back at the natural health industry in 2017, we can see that some big changes were happening at that time. For example, the rise of the keto diet was starting to gain traction, and more people were beginning to adopt a holistic approach to their health. Additionally, there was a growing interest in herbal remedies and other natural treatments.
However, in general, the industry was still relatively small at that time. Most people were unfamiliar with terms like “integrative medicine” or “functional nutrition”. The mainstream media was also not paying as much attention to natural health as it is today.
With the growth of natural trends on social media and awareness of the benefits of holistic health, we can see that the industry has changed a lot in just five years.
Let’s take a closer look at some of these changes.
Why Are People Going Natural?
It’s hard to deny the many benefits of natural health solutions. From plant-based diets to organic produce to probiotics and gut health, there are many ways to improve one’s health by using natural products and therapies. For those that are interested in improving wellbeing, natural health is worth considering.
One of the most notable changes in the natural health industry is its rapid growth. Recent studies have shown that the industry is growing faster than the overall healthcare industry.
The natural health industry is now worth an estimated $390 billion globally. This growth can be attributed to several factors, including the increasing awareness of the benefits of natural products and the growing demand for healthier alternatives to conventional medicine.
Increased Product Availability
There are now more natural health products available than ever before, and the range of products continues to expand. This is partly due to the increasing demand for plant-based proteins, organic produce, and other natural ingredients. Consumers are also becoming more interested in supplements and functional foods, which offer a variety of health benefits.
In addition to the increased product availability, there is an increase in product accessibility. This means that you can now find natural health products in more places than ever before, including major retailers and grocery stores.
Decreasing Costs On Natural Health Products
The cost of natural health products has decreased in recent years, making them more accessible to consumers. This can be attributed to the increasing popularity of these products and the growing demand for healthier alternatives to conventional medicine. Additionally, there has been a shift towards plant-based proteins, which are generally less expensive than meat-based proteins.
Increased Focus On Self-Care
The natural health industry is also benefiting from the growing self-care trend. More and more people are taking steps to improve their health and wellbeing, and they are turning to natural products and therapies to do so. In addition to focusing on natural products, many people are also turning to yoga, meditation, and other forms of mindfulness.
So, what are the key trends that we are seeing in the natural health industry? Here are a few of the most notable ones:
– Plant-based diets – The plant-based diet trend shows no signs of slowing down. In fact, it is now more popular than ever before. This can be attributed to the many health benefits of a plant-based diet and the growing awareness of the environmental impact of meat consumption.
– Organic produce – The demand for organic produce is also on the rise, as more and more people become interested in eating healthy, sustainable food.
– Functional foods – Functional foods are becoming more and more popular as consumers seek out products that offer additional health benefits. Some examples of functional foods include probiotics, prebiotics, and omega-three supplements.
– Probiotics and gut health – The gut health trend is continuing to gain traction as more and more people become interested in the benefits of probiotics and other gut-friendly ingredients. This can also be seen in the decrease in milk consumption and the increasing popularity of plant-based milk.
– Mindfulness and meditation – The mindfulness and meditation trend is also growing in popularity as more and more people seek ways to improve their mental health. With the focus on work-life balance, this trend is likely to continue growing in the years to come.
– Natural beauty products – Along with the natural health industry growth, the natural beauty trend is continuing to gain momentum as more and more people become interested in using safe and sustainable ingredients in their skincare products.
The Natural Health Industry 2022
So, what does 2022 hold for the natural health industry? Growth is expected to continue. We can expect to see continued growth in the years ahead as consumers become increasingly aware of the benefits of natural health solutions. We can also expect to see more plant-based products, organic produce, and functional foods on the market. The gut health trend is likely to continue, and the mindfulness and meditation trend. Finally, we can expect to see more natural beauty products available worldwide.
What Will The Next 5 Years Look Like?
Of course, it’s impossible to predict exactly how the natural health industry will change in the next five years.
However, there are a few other changes that we might see. For example:
● There may be an increase in products targeted at children and young adults
● We may see more products containing CBD oil
● There may be an increase in the popularity of holistic health treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic care.
● The natural health industry may become more mainstream, and it may no longer be seen as a niche market.
For more info on Dr. Shelton, click here.