Throughout the TV show, participants use a set of unique business cards that have a very intriguing almost mysterious design.
A simple beige crepe card with just three symbols on the front side: A cirle, a triangle and a square and a phone number on the back.
Here’s an example. But what do the symbols means? Who’s behind them? What happens when someone calls the number on the back?
As we said the whole concept was to create a mystery around the cards.
What followed was a huge hype.
Tons of real businesses loved the unique approach and wanted to adapt and test it for their own business. Can a card with barely anything on it really help to get new clients?
How to get your own Squid Game Card
Step 1: Get your Squid Game Card
The best way to get your own Squid Game card is to use a pre-made template. Fortunately, there are tons of Squid Game Card templates available on the web that match the one used in the show 1:1.
Most of these already have the perfect alignment of the symbols, the phone number and use the proper color palette.
You can typically design them via an online interface and subsequently order a fixed volume for a few cents per card.
Here’s a great post to read on how to get started with the design and order: Squid Game Card (Jukeboxprint.com)
Step 2: Grow the Mystery
Here are a few tips on how to get the cards in a lot of hands at once.
1. Hand them out at supermarkets. This is a great way to get them distributed. Many people simple take them without thinking much about it. But the unique design may lead them to check them out further.
2. Give them to some of your existing client in order to get referrals. Tell them that they shouldn’t mention anything specific when they hand them out to colleagues or friends. A simple “just call the number, you’ll see..” is all they really need to say to keep the Mystery alive. Who knows who will call?
3. Get your kids in on the action and have them hand them out at school. Maybe one of the parents is the perfect future client that you didn’t know of.
4. Give them out at events, seminars, expos, etc. This is a great way to get new clients. Ideally you want to hand them out at events and expos that are visited by your niche audience.
5. Sharing your card online is also a great idea. By sharing them on different social media sites and forums, you’ll be able to quickly start spreading the word about your product or service and getting new business for yourself.
You’ll be amazed at how many people are interested in seeing what your company is all about just based on the mystery behind the card.