The Terry Law Firm are experts in fighting for the compensation you deserve if you get hurt in a truck accident in Greeneville. It is a matter of daily occurrence to encounter large commercial trucks on Tennessee’s highway system. Commercial trucks , especially the Eighteen- wheelers are extremely dangerous as they can easily crush the passenger vehicles and are often deadly when involved in road accidents.
Major Causes of Complicated Truck Accident Cases
Truck accident cases are highly complicated as compared to other two passenger car accidents. This is the reason that The Terry Law Firm is a successful law firm that has a tremendous track record in handling the unique challenges of major truck accident cases.
Some of the major causes that make these truck accident cases even more complicated are:
- Increase in Damages- The size of commercial trucks is comparatively huge than the passenger vehicles which leads to extremely serious injuries and property damage sometimes. The greater the damage extent, the more complex it becomes to claim for the damage charges. It is quite usual for the truck accident victims to suffer injuries such as broken bones,head,neck and other major back injuries and catastrophic injuries. These injuries usually require extensive care and large interval stays in hospitals that add up to hundreds, thousands or even millions of hospital costs sometimes. The possibility of trial arises here as the party at fault is not willing to offer a fair truck accident settlement, involving legal practitioners like the Terry Law Firm.
- Intricacy in Determining Liability- There is complexity in determining the liability as the majority of truck accidents involve multiple vehicles. Sometimes the truck drivers become completely negligent and it is claimed as human error while there are third parties too that often bear the responsibilities such as driver’s employer, truck owners, part manufacturers etc. Each of these parties have their own insurance coverage and dealing with a single insurance company becomes difficult sometimes. All such multiple insurers attempt to limit their own liability which becomes a much challenging scenario.
- Truck Rules and Regulations- The things which further complicate the truck accidents are the rules and regulations established for commercial truck vehicles that lead to various conduct such as truckload limits, driver safety, and inspections, maintenance, and repairs. The violation of such laws especially under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety and Regulations can establish a liability for the company or the drivers. It requires a thorium investigation to check whether the laws were violated during the accident or not.
Certain Tips to Protect Your Rights
The vehicle law suggests that if you are a vehicle owner or a driver involved in a traffic crash leading to a certain death or injury or in which the property damage exceeds up to $1500 then you must report the accident to the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security within 20 days of the crash.
Apart from following these steps there are certain tips you can follow to protect your rights and thus increase the chances of fair compensation.
- Seek Immediate Medical Help- You should not refuse medical help. Even if you don’t think you need immediate care, get to a doctor as soon as possible for evaluation. Delaying treatment has the potential to damage or delay your claim.
- Document the accident scene: If you feel perfect enough to stand and walk and talk to the people after the crash, the first thing you need to do is document the accident scene. You should try to obtain contact and insurance information from the other parties to the crash. Also talk to eye witnesses and get their contact to help you in future.
- Seek help from an experienced truck accident lawyer- You should always seek help from a professional or experienced in the field as obtaining truck records is vital to win the case but it can be really difficult if handled by an inexperienced lawyer. So always seek help from a professional personal injury lawyers.
The Terry Law Firm has been representing learn more victims of truck wrecks in Greeneville and throughout East Tennessee for more than 50 years.They understand the state and federal regulations that apply to trucking, the tricks that trucking companies use and how to build the strongest possible case for their clients.
Copyright © 2023 California Business Journal. All Rights Reserved.