When your house in Colorado has clean, efficiently applied paint, you are assured that you get additional life for your house. Well-maintained painting can offer you many great returns. Paint protects the outside structure of your house from the elements and likewise enhances your property’s aesthetic appeal.
You can request an interior house painting estimate from Kind Home Painting Co in Denver, CO. Paint contractors would include thorough repairs during the preparation stage. Hence, you are assured that before a new splash of paint is applied to your house, all needed repairs are done on the surface. There are no shortcuts when it comes to maintaining the aesthetic appeal and longevity of your house with newly applied paint.
How Often Should You Paint the Interior Of Your House?
You can make a difference to the interior of your house by applying paint regularly. A fresh coat of paint can bring a fresh look and feel to your home. When high-quality is used in painting, you can expect it to last at least 5 years.
High-quality paint is more durable and will protect your home interior and furnishings longer. The frequency of repainting will depend on the quality of paint used and which room in your home needs repainting. Generally, here’s how often you should paint the rooms in your home and their parts:
● Living room and dining room: every 5 to 7 years
● Kitchen and bathroom: every 3 to 4 years
● Bedrooms: every 2 to 3 years
● Hallways: every 2 to 3 years
● Ceiling: every 1o years
● Trim and Baseboards: every 2 to 4 years
Signs it’s time to repaint your home’s interior
There are clear signs that will tell you it’s time to call for a professional interior house painter. Most often, these signs include:
1. Signs of wear and damage like peeling, bubbling, and cracking paint on walls, ceilings, hallways, corridors, rooms, and furnishing.
2. Fading color that makes your home appear worn and stale. Paint will usually lose its vibrant color over time. It can be helpful to note that darker paints fade quicker so they will need to be replaced with a new coat sooner than lighter color paint.
3. You are tired or get bored of the color in your home. Upgrading can bring in a fresh, clean feeling and ambiance to your living space.
4. You are planning to sell your house soon. New paint will increase the value of your home because it will make your home look more modern, clean, and inviting.
There can be other signs that will tell you that you will need a fresh coat of paint for your home interior. When you notice these signs, you can set things right by calling experienced professional painters who can efficiently and properly apply a new coat of paint.
What paint do professionals use to paint houses?
Experts say that the best-selling brands on the market for interior house painting include Benjamin Moore and Sherwin-Williams. Professional painters have used these brands for successful interior house painting projects.
The main reasons why these are the top choices for painting house interiors include:
● They last longer
● They do not lose their luster
● They do not fade quickly
● A more cost-effective solution
● Spatter-resistant making cleanup easier
● Easy to apply which can reduce labor costs
How long should house paint last?
A well-maintained interior house paint will last between 5 and 10 years. This length will depend greatly on the room of the house, as explained earlier. Several factors will affect the longevity of interior house paint.
While the exterior of a house is exposed to all types of weather and elements, the interior can be subject to the activities you do inside your home and your lifestyle.