From geographically remote training locations, the factors that were obstacles earlier have now become a chance for every student to sit in the training and exams. A surge in demand has been seen in online courses and digital learning that has totally justified the need for remote proctoring.
In addition, technological and AI advancements have made it easier for examiners by having a highly trained online exam manager.
Have you ever thought about what are remotely proctored exams?
What is a Remote Proctored test?
Leaving the technicalities aside, one can understand remote proctoring as a measure used by the students to write their exams from a remote location with complete exam integrity. Thus, you can conclude that remotely proctored exams are advanced technical solutions to support global exams. The process may use screen sharing, webcam, or other remote proctoring software to identify students and mark their genuineness. The recordings generated during remote proctoring go to examiners to check them for unfair practices and suspicious activities carried out by students.
Types of Remote Proctoring
- Live-online Proctoring- It is real-time monitoring of candidates done by qualified online proctors. The highly experienced remote proctor monitors the audio-video and screen feed of students.
- Recorded Proctoring – In this method, there is no proctor present, but the audio-video and screen feeds are recorded and sent for reviews later. It removes the location constraints as well.
- Advanced automated proctoring- This method is most commonly being used for competitive exams and other tests. It is an advanced form of proctoring. These checks for candidates focus on the screen, background voice activity, and also face recognition to do student verification.
Advantages of Remotely Proctored Examinations
- No need to maintain and prepare exam center arrangements.
- Reduces the challenges of having a physical examiner present as it goes with proctored monitoring techniques.
- The automated techniques help in having full-fledged security and integrity of the exam.
- Helps the candidates to give the test from their homes at their own comfort.
- The learners and the assessors have easy one-click access to assessments making it an integrated learning platform.
- Fast delivery of tests, evaluations, and results.
- This technology has reduced the cost of conducting examinations.
- The data so entered by the institutes or educational organization is safe and secured with the software companies.
Who can make use of remote exam proctoring?
Proctoring online exams removes all the boundaries of education and learning. Online education providers, schools, colleges, and even universities can take the benefit of proctoring examinations. Nowadays, all educators are facing the challenge of verifying the quality of assessment. But with the use of online proctoring, they can make the online assessment easy and resourceful.
Many assessment providers can also make use of online remote proctoring. The providers offer ready-made assessment or test engines to their clients, which offers the benefit of on-demand tests anytime and anywhere. Even big and multinational organizations can take their business to a global level by hiring eligible candidates through remote proctoring.
Online proctoring helps students to grasp certifications from anywhere around the world. It eliminates the need for proctored test centers. Certificate providing agencies can make visual audits on-demand to authenticate the test and make it a fair process.