After the eventful Super Bowl last February, fans and teams are preparing for the upcoming NFL Draft. The Draft helps the teams infuse talent into their franchise and make the fans aware of the possible new stars in the league.
Aside from that, it’s a significant opportunity for these aspiring players to go professional and be part of one of the national teams. As preparation for the NFL Draft, here are a few things you need to know to help you.
When Is the 2023 NFL Draft?
The NFL Draft is composed of seven rounds. The first round will take place on a Thursday, the second and third rounds are on the same day on a Friday, and the remaining rounds are on a Saturday.
The 2023 Draft will commence on April 27 to April 29 in Union Station, Kansas City, Missouri.
Who Are the First Five Teams to Pick This Year?
The order of the teams for the Draft selection is the opposite of their final standings in the last regular season. Then, from the second to the twentieth, the teams not qualified for the Playoffs will follow the same order.
The 21-24 are for the teams eliminated in the Wildcard, 25-28 are for the teams who made it to the divisional round, and 29-30 for the conference round. In this case, the Kansas City Chiefs will be the last team.
Moreover, there are changes for this year’s NFL Draft after the NFL announced that the Miami Dolphins will give up their first-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft and their third-round pick for 2024. This was after the team was under investigation for whether the team had violated league policies.
Who are the first five teams to pick this year’s players? Here is the list and their top three needs that you should know.
● Carolina Panthers. The first team for the 2023 NFL Draft is the Carolina Panthers after the California Bears traded WR Moore. The Panthers’ most significant needs for next season are a quarterback, edge, and wide receiver.
● Houston Texans. The Texans’ biggest need is a quarterback, wide receivers, and edge. With the departure of their WR, Brandin Cooks, they’ll need some new talents to replace him on top of finding a new QB and edge rusher.
● Arizona Cardinals. The Cardinals will focus on improving their defensive line with their new head coach, Jonathan Gannon, who was with the Eagles as the defensive coordinator. The Arizona Cardinals will need a defensive, cornerback, and offensive lineman.
● Indianapolis Colts. The Indianapolis Colts have had the quarterback position empty and have been discussing the void for a long time. Aside from that, they’ll also need to find an offensive line after free agency and another player for the cornerback.
● Seattle Seahawks. The team is also looking for another receiver working with Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf. Aside from WR, the Seahawks will also need a defensive and offensive lineman.
Who Are the Prospects to Go First Overall in the 2023 NFL Draft?
With many teams looking for a new QB, many prospects come to mind, but the question of who will become the Number 1 Overall Pick stands.
The NFL odds for this prop bet have changed since the end of the Super Bowl, and with just less than a month left, here are the top three 2023 NFL Drafts by FanDuel as of writing this article.
● CJ Stroud. CJ Stroud is a junior quarterback from the Ohio State Buckeyes who is one of the favorites. This junior player is 13th in the overall YDS ranking with his 1,688 but second for the TD with his 41 touchdowns. Moreover, his quarterback rating is 88.9, the second overall for the 2022 season.
● Bryce Young. Another junior quarterback favorite to rank overall is Bryce Young. He’s been playing with Alabama Crimson Tide. Among his remarkable stats in the 2022 season were his five interceptions, which ranked sixteenth overall. His YDS is 3,328, and he has 32 TD. Also, Young’s quarterback rating is sixth overall with 86.2.
● Anthony Richardson. Aside from Stroud and Young, Anthony Richardson is a quarterback from the Florida Gators in the sophomore class, who’s also one of the top favorites. His quarterback rating is 71.2, with 17 touchdowns, nine interceptions, and 2,549 YDS in the 2022 season.
Where to Watch the NFL Drafts?
The NFL Drafts will be open for the fans to watch in Kansas City. The tickets are usually open for selling a week before d-day starts. However, it’s a first come, first serve system, and people who have secured their tickets can get theirs during the first day of the Draft.
If you’re far from Kansas or can’t secure a ticket, you can watch the Draft on NFL Network or ESPN.
How to Bet for the 2023 NFL Draft Prospects?
If you plan to bet on your favorite NFL draft prospect, there are several ways to do so. Since it’s still currently the Draft, you can bet on them to be the No. 1 overall pick, but it can also be No. 2 or No. 3. After making your pick, place your wagers on your trusty sportsbook online and enjoy the live stream together with other people as you wait for the results.
Note that terms and conditions will vary by the sportsbook, and you might win more to one site than another. So, always remember to read them carefully when you’re about to place a bet or consider your sportsbook options if you haven’t signed in to anything yet.
The NFL Draft will be one of the most important events you can witness as the teams prepare for the new season. Being part of such a significant event will be a chance also to be part of history.