When looking at airports for departing or arriving flights, one of the things you have to consider is how their parking works out for you. Taking into consideration the length of your trip, meaning how many days you’ll need to be parked, how much that will cost, how the trip from the parking to the actual airport is, etc – these are all factors travelers have in their brains when looking into their next trip. That can also look like trying to pick which actual airport to use. You could choose Sky Harbor Airport, or you could choose Cleveland Hopkins. The question is, which one is better? Let’s take a look at Sky Harbor Airport parking and look at Cleveland Hopkins parking while we’re at it.
When you look at Sky Harbor Airport parking, you’re met with a few different options. The airport
itself offers parking in the following areas:
● Near Terminal 3
○ Terminal 3 Garage
○ West Economy Garage
○ West Economy Park & Walk
■ This is a seasonal lot and is currently closed as of the date of posting
○ 24th St Station
● Near Terminal 4
○ Terminal 4 Garage
○ East Economy Garage A
○ East Economy Garage B
○ East Economy Uncovered
You can reserve your parking in advance with PHX, with flexible reservations that have no change fees or cancellation fees up to an hour before you park, touchless parking utilizing a QR code, and you can choose to save time with their premium parking, which can include valet parking so you don’t have to drive to the spot yourself and can quicken your pace to the gate you’re boarding from. They can be a bit pricey, depending on the length of your booking.
There’s also the On Air Parking option, which offers off-site, local parking owned by third-party lots near and around Sky Harbor Airport. Booking through On Air Parking starts at $3.25 per day through their partner parking lots and they offer free cancellation at any time, for any reason, no questions asked, up to the very day of your booking. Many of our parking partners offer a free shuttle service twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. You’ll want to make sure your facility offers shuttle service if that is of interest to you.
Now that we’ve taken a look at PHX, let’s move onto our next airport.
When you’re looking at Cleveland Hopkins Airport parking, you have a few options, not too different from parking over at Sky Harbor Airport.
You can park directly with the airport:
● CLE Smart Parking Garage
○ This is a multi-level parking garage attached to the terminal building via a skywalk on level three and a walkway on level one. It’s got an intelligent guidance system to assist drivers to open parking spaces using electronic signage and LED lights. This is operated with a pull ticket system, and once you exit the garage, your card will be charged at a rate of $22/day or $6.00/hour for the first three hours. The payment types accepted are only credit cards.
● Red Lot
○ This surface lot is located on the airport’s property, directly north of the terminal. You enter by turning right onto Park Road from Inner Drive before you enter the arrivals deck, directly across from the Sheraton Hotel. It’s located on the left side of the CLE parking facilities, across the street from the Blue Lot. It only accepts
credit cards, and a minimum rate of $20/day.
● Blue Lot
○ This is another surface lot located north of the terminal. It’s directly across from the Red Lot, so you turn right onto Park Road from Inner Drive just before you hit the arrivals deck, it’s across from the Sheraton Hotel. It also only accepts credit cards and also charges a minimum rate of $20/day.
● Orange Lot
○ This lot is located across Park Road from the CLE Smart Parking Garage. You turn left onto Park Road from Inner Drive, before the baggage deck. It’s connected directly to the Smart Parking Garage via skywalk and offers direct, covered access from the lot to the terminal. This is another credit card only lot and charges a minimum rate of $17/day.
● Brown Lot
○ The Brown Lot is located at 4960 Rocky River Drive, just north of the I-480 underpass at the intersection of Rocky River Drive and Brookpark Road. This lot has 599 spaces available, featuring 6 bus shelters and provides shuttles that run every 15 minutes, dropping off and picking up passengers at the Ground Transportation Center. The payment method accepted is credit card, and it starts at a minimum rate of $14/day.
● Curbside Valet
○ Cleveland Hopkins Airport offers 24/7 curbside valet parking, along with a wide range of concierge services. Valets are located in the upper roadway by Door 1. They charge at a rate of $30/day.
If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of parking your car at the airport yourself, or pay for a valet, you can look into off-site, third-party parking lots for Cleveland Hopkins Airport parking. Such lots are offered by On Air Parking, who run parking for third-party lots. They have options for off-site parking at Cleveland Hopkins Airport as well, starting at $3.95 per day.
If you need cheap, off-site parking from either Sky Harbor Airport or Cleveland Hopkins Airport, On Air Parking has you covered with their multiple available lots, low prices, and free cancellations. You can reach their customer service from 10am-7pm ET by calling them at 888- 487-2754 and bookings are easy with their online booking tool. If you need a little more help, you can call for assistance with your booking.